Sunday, June 1, 2008

Pictures from Paris

We've all seen great pictures of the Eiffel tower and the Louvre (if you are feeling deprived, please download this application and type Paris into the Fliker search bar, it's amazing). Here are some of my favorite moments.

Immediately Katelin stumbled onto something that looked like home. We opted to eat crepes with nutella instead.





La Défense
pictured above was probably my favorite place in Paris this time around since I had already been to the typical places. It's basically a giant box/office building big enough to fit Notre Dame inside the hole. We went to the top and they had a museum on the history of technology including this hard drive, which fit something like 32K.



Finding bathrooms was always a problem. I can attest to the statement from this photo taken in a mall on the Champs-Élysées. They also sold silver plated toilets seat and patterned toilet paper inside to subsidize the 1.5 euro per person entry fee.

2 comments:

Tom said...

Sweet, I had no idea you had wandered to European shores. I hope you went to some of the warm shores - gonna need a list of places you went. Hi Katelin.

triciarnorton said...

I hope you had a blast. I hope for a full update soon. It is overwhelming when you got to write about such a huge experience. Remember my huge email after my last europe trip. I could tell who actually read to the end by who asked me what happened to my ankle :) Was I right to veto the car rental?