Sunday, June 8, 2008

Barcelona and back to France

Barcelona



Barcelona is Gaudi town. Lots of nice moderism including Park Guell (top two pictures) and the Sagrada Familia. Gaudi spent the end of his life working on the cathedral and a hundred years later and it's still in progress. And what was I singing the entire time we look at these? "We're From Barcelona" of course.

One thing I like about the modernists is their obsession with natural light. This is the stained glass ceiling at the music palace. It's a little blurry cause I had to take the picture on the sly.


Best part about Barcelona. We rented a moto and went all over the city.

Beauvais

Typical European male fashion. This from a store in Beauvais, near Paris. I have tried to incorporate as much pink on pink into my wardrobe as possible since returning.

Inside the Beauvais Cathedral. It is supposedly the tallest gothic structure ever attempted (160 ft. in some places, 20 ft. higher than Notre Dame) and it fell at one point so they have internal supports.

1 comment:

Breanne Grover said...

I love Barcelona. I can't say enough about it. Organic, colorful, and breathtaking.